RE: Basic function question

From: James Lowe
Subject: RE: Basic function question
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 09:34:44 +0000

Hello,

)-----Original Message-----
)From: address@hidden
)[mailto:address@hidden On
)Behalf Of Urs Liska
)Sent: 26 July 2011 09:35
)To: address@hidden
)Cc: Lilypond-User
)
)Am 26.07.2011 10:27, schrieb address@hidden:
)> On Jul 26, 2011, at 10:14 AM, Urs Liska wrote:
)>
)>> Hello list members,
)>>
)>> after fiddling around too long and getting lost with the basics, I decided
)to ask my question here.
)>> I know it's basic, and I wonder why I get stuck this way, but obviously
)I'm confused and unable to find the right place in the docs.

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.14/Documentation/learning/style-sheets

Anywhere in this chapter will help you.

Also sometimes if you are using a predefined string as opposed to a variable it
can be as simple as

VMarkI = { \markup \huge \bold "VI"}

{a b c^\VMarkI d}

Without having to get too complicated. Just remember that you cannot use
numerals in the name of the function (i.e. in my example VMark1).

Regards

james