Re: Shaping slurs --- both broken and unbroken

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Shaping slurs --- both broken and unbroken
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2011 11:32:45 +0200

2011/7/23 Xavier Scheuer <address@hidden>:
> 2011/7/23 Janek Warchoł <address@hidden>:
>> Dmytro (and Neil),
>>
>> i've just found this in our archives after failing to write a function
>> like that myself.  This is wonderful!  Thank you so much!
>> I don't believe this isn't in the snippets or, better, in the docs.
>> Shoud i add a tracker issue?
>
> This is on the LSR, at least.
> http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=639

No, this is only the code for tweaking unbroken slurs (i.e. slurs that
don't cross a line break).  I knew about it and tried to modify it
using example from Extending 2.6
(http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/extending/difficult-tweaks),
but failed very soon.
Frankly, i think this function (i mean the extended version by Dmytro,
which allows for easy tweaking of both broken and unbroken slurs) is
essential for producing good-looking Lily scores that contain broken
slurs.  I don't understand how it's possible to reasonably work with
broken slurs, given the fact that they are quite often imperfect,
without this function...

cheers,
Janek