Re: Odd-looking tie on a chord

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: Odd-looking tie on a chord
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 17:19:16 +0200

Am Montag, 4. Juli 2011, 16:38:22 schrieb James Harkins:
> Okay, I understand better now. "Tiny example" doesn't really just mean
> "tiny." To me, one bar is tiny. But "tiny" seems to imply other things.
> Tiny-examples.html doesn't *quite* explain this.

"Tiny" is not meant in terms out music output, but rather in terms of LilyPond
code input. A tiny example should only contain those lilypond commands / notes
that are absolutely necessary to show the problem.

BTW, trying to strip down a problem to such a tiny example often helps you
finding the error (if no lilypond bug is involved, but you messed up with the
code somewhere)... I had that quite a lot, so creating a minimal example is
not really wasted time, but already helps you track down the problem (and
helps us developers, because we don't have to do the same thing again).

Cheers,
Reinhold

 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886