Re: Odd-looking tie on a chord

From: James Harkins
Subject: Re: Odd-looking tie on a chord
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2011 17:16:27 +0800

At Mon, 4 Jul 2011 11:01:20 +0300,
Dmytro O. Redchuk wrote:
> Could you please try to make your example smaller (as small as possible, to be
> a "tiny example", see http://lilypond.org/tiny-examples.html) ?

I find this remark a bit baffling. This is already an extract out of 120 lines
of lilypond code. I did my best to "tin-ify" it, and I'm quite startled to hear
that this already very short example is somehow not tiny enough.

But, since you asked, I'll remove the dynamics, the (only) articulation mark,
and reduce it to two beats instead of four. Note that the issue does not
reproduce if I remove cs' and b from the chords. Then the tie on the D's flips
to the downward direction, which looks standard. So the three note chords are
essential.

\version "2.14.1"

\include "english.ly"

\score {
  \new Staff {
    \key d \major
    \numericTimeSignature
    \time 2/4
    <cs' d'' b''>16 <cs' d'' b''>8.

    %% Here: the tie on the D's looks funny
    %% Too tall? Left-hand endpoint is not aligned with the B tie?
    ~

James

--
James Harkins /// dewdrop world