Re: how to make the three dots for triple tonguing

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: how to make the three dots for triple tonguing
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2011 23:15:01 +0200

On 1 July 2011 22:57, Hans van Eck <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Can anyone explain me how you make the three dots on the notes to
> indicate "triple tonguing" in the music for wind instruments?
>
> Could not find any explanation in the manual.

AFAIK there is no special feature for this in LilyPond.
But you can use a function to do that.

See this discussion:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2010-04/msg00053.html
and especially Jay Anderson's last message with the "staccsOn" music
funtion:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2010-04/msg00073.html

Cheers,
Xavier

PS: That certainly deserves a snippet in the LSR.
I'll add it next week unless Jay does it before.

--
Xavier Scheuer <address@hidden>