Re: ossia again

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: ossia again
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 10:33:40 +0200

On 16 April 2011 09:26, David Bobroff <address@hidden> wrote:

> My ossias are working but I've got a troubling artifact.  In the following
> snippet I get some space at the end of the first line following the barline.
>  At the end of the second line I get a disembodied bar line which I had not
> seen in the actual score I'm making.  I'm missing some important detail
> here.

The space at the end of the first line can be easily removed if you

  \set Staff.explicitKeySignatureVisibility = #end-of-line-invisible

for your ossia staff.
This is explained in the snippet "Adding an extra staff at a line break"
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/snippets/staff-notation#adding-an-extra-staff-at-a-line-break

I'm quite sure it is explained somewhere in the notation manual (or at
least it used to be and IMHO _should_ be) but I could not find it in
NR 1.6.2 Modifying single staves > Ossia staves
where I was expecting it.

For your second issue I do not know the cause of this but a simple
workaround is to use

  \once \override Staff.BarLine #'stencil = ##f

at the end of the second line (in the ossia staff).

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Xavier

--