Re:status of mutopia project

From: Hajo Dezelski
Subject: Re:status of mutopia project
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2011 17:22:09 +0200

Hello,

one thing I missed last time we were discussing the future of Mutopia, was to thank Chris for his wonderful work in recent years.

I wanted to write a post to this group, but remembered that friends, which I wanted to draw to Lilypond are also interested in my reflections. So I posted them on my blog: "Q: Is there a future for free Lilypond scores and Mutopia?" at:
http://hajos-kontrapunkte.blogspot.com/2011/04/q-is-there-future-for-free-lilypond.html

Here are some points concerning Mutopia: (copy and paste)

What I would propose:

- The depositary should be locate on one site.
- Contributors should be responsible for their files
- Contributers should identify themselves by real names
- Contributers should be able with the help of software to produce from their ly-file a uniform
  presentation of the music (comparable to Mutopia)
- Contributors should be able to make their own corrections to their submitted file.
- Mutopia files should be converted and write protected
- Software: Could be a Wiki (with login) or Google code / project (like solfege resources or . Frescobaldi) or ... (but please not "git")

Hajo

---
... Die Schönheit liegt im Auge des Betrachters
... indessen wandelt harmlos droben das Gestirn
... http://hajos-kontrapunkte.blogspot.com/