Re: intro; art song example or template?

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: intro; art song example or template?
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 17:04:50 -0400

On Apr 7, 2011, at 3:02 PM, address@hidden wrote:

> Hello All;
>
> I am a first time poster.  I have much experience with
> linux and latex and so hopefully I will catch on
> to lilypond without too much trouble.
>
> I am a composer of mostly atonal music, often with
> a lot of time signature changes (or with passages
> that have no time signatures), to give you
> an idea of the kinds of issues I am be facing.
>
> My first lilypond project is too notate some songs I
> wrote for soprano and classical guitar.
>
> Can someone recommend a template or even a finished
> song that I could begin with?
>
> Thank you for your help;  Ivan

A couple things you may want to try:

#(set-accidental-style 'neo-modern) at the beginning of each staff
when there's no time signature, use \once \override Staff . TimeSignature
#'stencil = ##f and then use \bar "" at each point in time where a line break
would be acceptable.

If you're OK with beams over system breaks and glissandi over system breaks,
set the breakable property to ##t for Beam and Glissando.

My four LilyPond scores from 2011 are at:

http://www.apollinemike.com/master.pdf
http://www.apollinemike.com/zauberbuch.pdf
http://www.apollinemike.com/norman1
http://www.apollinemike.com/test.svg

Not all of them are 100% LilyPond, but all of them use LilyPond somehow.  Two
of them use voice.  If you see anything you'd want to use, I can tell you how I
did it.

Cheers,
Mike