Re: release candidate planning

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: release candidate planning
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 01:51:37 +0100

On Tue, Apr 05, 2011 at 07:10:41PM -0500, Tim McNamara wrote:

> On Apr 5, 2011, at 3:29 PM, Graham Percival wrote:
>
> > A few notes about Critical problems:
> > - bad output, or even being completely unusable, on operating
> >  systems released in 2010 or 2011, do *not count*.
>
> Errr... huh?  Given that most users are going to be running Lilypond on OSes
> released in 2010 or2011 that's a rather stunning statement.

Oops, I was unclear.  By "bad output", I mean "font problems" or
something like that.

Basically, we're not going to hold back 2.14 just because apple
broke stuff in 10.6.7, just like we didn't hold back 2.12 (or was
it 2.10?) because apple broke stuff in 10.5.  Similarly, if ubuntu
11.04 is broken when lilypond works on ubuntu 10.04, that won't
delay a stable release.  Similarly, if windows 7 sp2 is broken,
that won't delay a stable release.

Do report bugs, of course; even if something isn't a Critical
problem, it's still a bug that we want to fix eventually.

Cheers,
- Graham