Re: volta bracket too short

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Re: volta bracket too short
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 10:04:40 -0400

    Nick> On 22/03/11 03:51, Laura Conrad wrote:
    >> I'm trying to write a piece with an alternative ending labeled "Final."
    >>
    >> This bracket is over a whole note for all parts.  For two of the five
    >> parts, the spacing on the last line of the part is tight enough that
    >> there isn't room under the volta bracket for the whole word "Final."
    >>
    >> Does anyone have a good suggestion for what to tweak to fix this?
    >>
    >> Thanks,

    Nick> You could use

    Nick> \override Staff.NoteHead #'X-extent = #'(L . R)

    Nick> for the whole notes where you want the additional spacing around the
    Nick> note, but this doesn't work if the note is on a ledger line, as it
    Nick> also extends the ledger line. Alternatively

    Nick> \override Staff.BarLine #'extra-spacing-width = #'(L . R)

    Nick> can achieve the same effect.

Thanks, this works quite well.

--
Laura   (mailto:address@hidden)
(617) 661-8097  233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

Copyright law has abandoned its reason for being: to encourage
learning and the creation of new works. Instead, its principal
functions now are to preserve existing failed business models, to
suppress new business models and technologies, and to obtain, if
possible, enormous windfall profits from activity that not only causes
no harm, but which is beneficial to copyright owners.

William Patry, in his farewell post on "The Patry Copyright Blog".