Re: Overlapping notes and midi output

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Overlapping notes and midi output
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 08:53:51 +0100

2011/3/14 Hinrik Örn Sigurðsson <address@hidden>:
> 2011/3/13 Janek Warchoł <address@hidden>:
>> Then I suppose that you have more than 16 voices.
>> This is the drawback of this method.
>>
>>> But it does work around the problem, thanks.
>>
>> You're welcome :)
>>
>> cheers,
>> Janek
>
> Actually, the piece in question never has more than four simultaneous
> voices (two in each staff). In the lilypond code, I'm not using 4
> voices throughout the whole piece though. There are 10 sections which
> split into two voices, the rest just being normal one-voice-per-staff
> sections. Could that be causing the warning?

I think yes. When Staff_performer is moved to voice context, Lily
tries to give every voice in score it's own channel.
You may try moving "Staff_performer" from Staff to Voice only for
instruments in which overlapping exists (i.e. not doing this in \midi
block).

> The produced MIDI file sounds just fine though. No dropped notes.

That's perhaps because LilyPond is intelligent :) She said
warning: remapping modulo 16
I suppose this means that some channels are used more than once.
I don't know exactly how this works, though.

cheers,
Janek