Re: Multiple LilyPond Versions

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Multiple LilyPond Versions
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 09:24:18 +0100

Il giorno ven, 11/03/2011 alle 13.18 -0500, PMA ha scritto:
> Hi List.
>
> I've downloaded an old LilyPond version (lilypond-2.10.33-1.linux-x386.sh)
> to correct some details in an old .ly score that the 2.12 & 2.13.. versions
> just won't stand for.

why don't you use convert.ly to update your source file to new synthax
and then edit them with 2.12 or 2.13?

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond-program/Updating-files-with-convert_002dly#Updating-files-with-convert_002dly

> The .sh is sitting now in an isolated directory.  Before executing it, I
> want
> to ensure that doing so won't overwrite or otherwise clobber my existing
> LilyPond setups.
>
> How can I control the installation-process's file distribution?

.sh installer installs LilyPond either in your home directory (if you
launch it as a normal user) or in /usr/local (if you launch it as a
superuser).
I *think* there's not a way to set different paths (of course, you can
if you compile from source).

So it depends on how many versions of Lilypond you have in your machine
and where are they located.

Consider that executables in the ~/bin path have "higher priority" over
the other paths.
Use this commands to understand what's going on:

echo $PATH
which lilypond

HTH,
Federico