Re: Optimising output for screen.

From: Phil Burfitt
Subject: Re: Optimising output for screen.
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 17:59:32 +0100

From: "James" <address@hidden>

I have a Kindle 3.x and it renders the PDFs perfectly.

Hi James,

Good to hear =). With the Kindle at 197dpi and the Kindle DX at 150dpi I imagine it would look a lot better than the average computer screen at 96dpi or 72dpi.

Lilypond _prints_ really beautiful scores, but the pdf's quality on screen are poor compared to the other major notation software. I'm using Adobe Reader 8 on Vista at 96dpi resolution and bar lines have varying thickness and often extend beyond staff lines. Staff lines can be unequally spaced and stems also have varying thicknesses.

Phil.