Re: something like scorch for lilypond?

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: something like scorch for lilypond?
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 10:49:20 +0200

2010/9/21 Stefan Thomas <address@hidden>
Dear Henning,
 Scorch is a plugin, that allows You to read the music while You can listen to the midi-file at the same time.
You can also transpose whole pieces, and You don't have to install sibelius for it.

You may try Rosegarden. You can open the midi file generated by LilyPond and listen to it while seeing the score.
IIRC (I used it just once), the progression of notes is visible (you don't have to imagine it, you see it). I mean, you see which note is playing.

I've never used the transpose option.. have a look in Rosegarden doc:
http://www.rosegardenmusic.com/wiki/doc:notation-en#transposing

HTH,
Federico