Re: 2 pages on 1 ?

From: Nick Payne
Subject: Re: 2 pages on 1 ?
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 15:27:45 +1000

 On 18/09/10 10:35, PMA wrote:
Hi List.

I have a LilyPond score printing to 11X17 paper in landscape mode.
Most of the result -- with staves stretching fully across the page of
course -- is looking okay.

But one movement isn't.   It's measures, nearly a half-page wide,
would to my eye be most readable if they were arranged in two
columns (to be read bar-to-bar *downwards* rather than across)
with the columns separated by ca an inch of empty space and a
top-to-bottom-of-page vertical line in the middle.

Before pursuing ugly attempts to fool LilyPond into "allowing" this,
I may as well ask -- Is there a straightforward way?  Can you tell
LilyPond: "The physical paper is 11x17, but just pretend that the
"pages" you're printing are 11x8, and then print them two at a
time side-by-side with this space & big vertical line in between"?

(Or had I better just force an inch of empty mid-page staff, make
that staff portion transparent, force whatever clef to print after it,
and then later -- via a PDF editor -- cram in the vertical divider?)
Easiest would be to have Lilypond output to A4 (or Letter), then open the PDF in Adobe Reader and tell it to print two pages per sheet onto the larger size paper.

Nick