Re: Beamed grace notes across another pair of beamed notes

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Beamed grace notes across another pair of beamed notes
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 12:45:11 -0600

On 9/11/10 9:40 AM, "Jebus" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Good day.
>
> To start off, I have no musical background so my knowledge is very limited
> in that respect, but I'm trying to transcribe some of my wife's old sheet
> music so it can be saved and reprinted if/when it gets destroyed. (Our
> daughter gets into everything.)
>
> I've searched, and searched and read many lilypond documents, but I just
> can't for the life of me figure out how to accomplish the following
> notation:
>
> http://old.nabble.com/file/p29685494/Screenshot.png

What you want is a CueVoice.  Please see the Notation Reference 1.6.3
Writing Parts/Formatting cue notes.

<http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond/Writing-parts#ind
ex-cue-notes_002c-formatting>

Create a new CueVoice in that measure, and you'll get the small notes you
want.

HTH,

Carl