RE: repeats

From: James Lowe
Subject: RE: repeats
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2010 04:19:00 -0400

Hello,

-----Original Message-----
From: address@hidden on behalf of Peter Buhr
Sent: Sat 04/09/2010 23:49
To: address@hidden
Subject: repeats

I cannot figure out how to indicate the following repeat pattern for this
music.  I want the player to repeat the first line 4 times, repeat the second
line 2 times, play the last line, and then start this pattern over again (until
they get bored). Any help would be appreciated.

---

Something like this?

\relative {
  \repeat volta 2 {
      \repeat volta 4 { a b c d }
  \alternative {
      { d c b a }
    }
  \repeat volta 2 { a b c d }
    \alternative {
      { d c b a}
  { a b c d } \bar ":|"
}

It's a bit crude but this seems to be the structure you want. I could not find
the 'proper' musical identifier to say 'play until you are bored' but I am
guessing an 'ad infinitum' text mark-up would do just as well.

James