Re: Selected bar invisibility

From: James Bailey
Subject: Re: Selected bar invisibility
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 18:31:28 +0200

On Sep 3, 2010, at 3:17 PM, Reg Ludions wrote:

> Hello List
>
> I'd like to notate some music in which small groups of bars are surrounded by
> whitespace (or invisible bars). I'm after something notationally not that
> different to the score of Terry Riley's "In C":
> http://artsaha.analogartsensemble.net/Texts/InC.jpg.

I don't know the particulars of your example, but from the image, I would
simply use \stopStaff and \startStaff:
\version "2.12.3"

musick = \relative c' {
   \stopStaff s8 \startStaff
   \set Timing.defaultBarType = ""
   \bar ":" \repeat unfold 3 { \stemDown \appoggiatura c8 \stemNeutral e4 }
   \stopStaff
   s4
   \startStaff
   \bar ":"
   \stemDown \appoggiatura c8 \stemNeutral e8 f e4
   \bar ":"
   \stopStaff
   s4
   \startStaff