re:Manuscript Writer To Lilypond convertor

From: 胡海鹏 - Hu Haipeng
Subject: re:Manuscript Writer To Lilypond convertor
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 14:07:34 +0800 (CST)

Hello,
  I'm a CHinese blind musician Hu Haipeng. I have been using Lilypond since 2008, and get many benefit from it. I also know Manuscript Writer, but since it's dos based, I seldom put attention to it. Thank you for developing a tool to convert MWR into Lilypond, but can I discuss something else with you?
  I (and some people) ever requested the Lilypond Team to develop a tool to convert Lilypond into musicxml. But since most of the users don't need it because of Lily's good output, and the work is not quite easy, the issue was hanged up last year. However, we blind really need one. Because Lilypond is difficult to produce braille, while there are some free tools translating musicxml into braille. Another reason: I just finished my first orchestral piece, and would like to use vst to hear the real sound. But Lilypond's midi output is not suitable for Sibelius and Garritan, and I have to make many specialized tracks which wasted my expensive time. I want to make a demo of my music and share it with others.
  So, would you like to help us to develop such a tool? I'm not a programmer, but I'm an enthusiastic tester.
  For more details, please see:
http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=665&can=1&q=musicxml

Regards
Haipeng