Re: define-music-function question

From: Dmytro O. Redchuk
Subject: Re: define-music-function question
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 09:35:47 +0300

On Thu 12 Aug 2010, 01:33 Ian Hulin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In a recent piece I've had occasion to produce a trill mark with an
> accidental above, and stealing from the manual, I came up with
>
> g4(^\markup{
>     \tiny \center-column {
>       \flat \musicglyph #"scripts.trill" }
>
> for example.
>
> As this cropped up more than once I thought it would be a good idea to
> write a music function:
>
> trillflat = #(define-music-function
>    (parser location note) (ly:music?)
>      #{$note^\markup{
>       \tiny\center-column{ \flat \musicglyph #"scripts.trill" }} )
Can not say anything about making music-function,
but, maybe, markup-command will fit?

#(define-markup-command (trillflats layout props) ()
  (interpret-markup layout props
    (markup
      #:tiny
        #:center-column (#:flat
                         #:musicglyph "scripts.trill"))))

Then:
g4(^\markup\trillflats

> But the parser/lexer gets upset with the ^ and I suspect it doesn't like
[...]

--
  Dmytro O. Redchuk
  Bug Squad