single-staff polyphony with changing lyrics

From: apqc
Subject: single-staff polyphony with changing lyrics
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 17:02:30 -0700 (PDT)

Hello :)

I have run into an issue with a choral piece (Gretchaninov's Cherubic Hymn)
of which I am making an edition.

In the tenor part, the voice splits and I need to align the lyrics
differently: in bar 3 of the extract below, the lower tenor sings 'отложимъ'
again, and in bar 4, while the lower tenor sings the final syllable (жимъ)
the higher tenor starts 'отложимъ' again (ideally the text would be above
the staff). On the third beat of bar 5, when the line is no longer split,
they should be singing 'попечение'. Then from bar 7 to the end, the lyrics
should be 'отложимъ, отложимъ попечение.'

So I need to figure out how to tell lilypond to align the lyrics correctly
with Voice One and Voice Two, above the staff where necessary. Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance for your help!

\include "english.ly"

\relative{
        \clef "G_8"
        \time 4/4
        \key d \major
                b1~ (
                b4 g) b( a)

                << { \voiceOne a1 b2( cs4) d e( fs4) }
        \new Voice { \voiceTwo a,4 cs,( e) d b'2 b4 b b( as) } >>
                \oneVoice
                fs'4 e
                d( b) b b
                r4 d( cs) b
                cs2 a4 g
                << { \voiceOne a4( b) fs g a2. a4 a1-\fermata }
        \new Voice { \voiceTwo fs2 fs4 e fs2. fs4 fs1-\fermata } >>
                \oneVoice

}

\addlyrics{

от -- ло -- жимъ, от -- ло -- жимъ, от -- ло -- жимъ по -- пе -- че -- ни --
е,
от -- ло -- жимъ,
от -- ло -- жимъ по -- пе -- че -- ни -- е.