Re: Function to add a "-" before finger number

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: Function to add a "-" before finger number
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 13:28:01 -0400

On Tuesday 03 August 2010 09:38:24 Antheo wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestion Nick. But it is important that it does not
> look like a glissando because a glissando is an audible transition
> between 2 notes while I am trying to indicate a silent shift.
> Per the look also, a glissando looks like : "note1 - note2" and a
> shift looks like "note1 -note2" where "-" must be an horizontal
> dash.

A glissando goes from note to note. A line from finger
to finger, is fingering, and good for a slide or silent
slide/guide, or simply to indicate the retention of a finger.

The real problem with lines from finger to finger is that
they look like crap. The 1- and -1 or 1- or -1 are all
much better looking, clearer, better in every way. I've
asked for that since the 1.xxx versions at least. It has been
possible in the past, occasionally.  Regards, daveA

--
For beginners: very easy guitar music, solos, duets, exercises. Early
intermediate guitar solos. One best scale set for all guitarists.