strange midi problem

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: strange midi problem
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2010 19:08:27 +0200

Hi,

I have a strange issue (see attached minimal example).

I'm using a guitar tuning where 6th and 5th string are tuned 1 fret down
(DGDGBE).

The harmonic over 7th fret of 4th string (an a) is displayed correctly
(on 7th fret) only if I use a(n incorrect) lower pitch. Otherwise it's 1
pitch up... and I get a <19> on TabStaff.

The curious thing is that, if I use the lower pitch, it displays the
note as being on 4th string, while it would be actually on 6th string.

I hope the example will make it more clear (look at second voice).

Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Federico