Re: displaying triplet in 3/4 time

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: displaying triplet in 3/4 time
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 16:08:16 -0600

On 6/21/10 3:51 PM, "Ole Schmidt" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> While engraving I came across the  problem to display a simple triplet which
> consists of a quarter and an eighth note
> and it seems to be difficult. The default beaming is odd and using brackets
> leads to an error warning.
> Do I completely miss something or is it a known problem?
> thanks for a hint

Do the manual beaming on the *second* triplet; the error comes from trying
to beam a quarter note (which has no beam).  By putting the manual beaming
on the second triplet, you'll force the break after the end of the first
one.

See the changed line below.

HTH,

Carl

P.S. This behavior should happen automatically with the new autobeaming code
to be in 2.13.26.