Re: invisible rest that takes no horizontal space

From: Dmytro O. Redchuk
Subject: Re: invisible rest that takes no horizontal space
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 13:58:46 +0300

On Fri 18 Jun 2010, 12:40 Peter Van Kranenburg wrote:
> On 6/18/10 12:32 PM, Dmytro O. Redchuk wrote:
> >Why not:
> >   % [...]
> >   d4. e8 fis4 e |
> >   \partial 2
> >   d2 \bar ":|:"
> >   fis2 g |
> >   % [...]
> >

> Yes. That would be the solution if I could start from scratch. The
> problem is that I have more than 1000 melodies in which the
> invisible rest is used instead of \partial. We do not have the
> resources to change them all.
Well... yes. Understood .)

So, spacers may be of different length, but all of them should have no space?

Probably you may want to replace all of them with
\set Timing.measurePosition = #(ly:make-moment -0 8)   % 8 or whatever

So, i guess, in such a way you will replace all spacers with an "indicator of
measure end".

Not tested, just tried a bit.

Well... too bad :-)

Barnumbers do not increase, you'll need additional tricks.

--
  Dmytro O. Redchuk