seeking more Bug Squad members

From: Graham Percival
Subject: seeking more Bug Squad members
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 00:11:32 +0100

I'm looking for volunteers to join the Bug Squad.  The workload is
15 minutes per week.

We currently have 3 victims.  That means that the response time
for bugs could be around 100 hours.  I'd like it to be 24 hours,
since that's a nice round number.  Much rounder than 100.

To reach the goal of "a response within 24 hours", we'd need
another 4 volunteers.  Of course, this is assuming that Bug Squad
members never go on holiday, never get busy, etc.  So I'd like to
get more than 4 additional volunteers... a total of 14 would be
nice.  Then we could have two people doing 15 minutes each day.
As a result, people could take breaks easily, and the overall
workload would probably drop to 5-10 minutes each week.  Maybe
even less.

If you want an overview of what you'd be doing, read about it
here:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/contributor/bug-squad-checklists

If you're interested, please let me know which day(s) you would be
available to spend your 15 minutes on.  I'd like to make up a
schedule with (at least) one person for each day of the week.  No,
we're not going to fuss about time zones.

Two "serious" notes:
- I really do mean 15 minutes a week, although I admit that there
  would probably be a total of 60 minutes of reading + training to
  get you accustomed to the work.
- please only volunteer if you really think you can commit to the
  15 minutes per week.  I don't want to make up a beautiful
  schedule and then have people dropping out after a month.

Cheers,
- Graham