Re: Woodwind diagrams in lilypond w/ changes from M Watts & I Hulin

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Woodwind diagrams in lilypond w/ changes from M Watts & I Hulin
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 09:05:26 +0200

josé henrique padovani <address@hidden> writes:

> Em 09/06/10 22:04, Graham Percival escreveu:
>

>         Could you please give some advices about which git / patch
>         flags should I use to apply the patch to my current
>         directories?
>

>     If you seriously want to learn, then do a google search for
>     "patch" to learn how to use it.  If not, wait a few weeks until
>     it's part of lilypond.  This topic is too long to teach in a few
>     emails.
>
> I did already used patch and diff in some codes...

If you have the output of "git diff" in a mail file

    git am filename

will do the trick.

If you have a single, non-git generated patch,

    git-apply filename

The latter causes more merge trouble when the change eventually appears
upstream.  It may, however, be the only manner to work with Rietveld
patch sets.

--
David Kastrup