Tablature: Simple Question

From: Bernardo Barros
Subject: Tablature: Simple Question
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 12:07:40 -0300

Hi List,

Just a simple question: if I have a variable with the source for the tablature and the normal notation, how can I take off the string indications from the normal notation?

Tow reasons for doing this:
1. This information is not necessary any more, they are polluting the score with unnecessary symbols

2. And more important: I don't know why they happen to crash *much* more often than any other element in the normal score. They collide with notes, stems and everything.

I think the question is really simple and a short example is not necessary. What is necessary is a command in the \Score to make lilypond ignote the string indications "\4" and "\2" etc.

Thanks,
Bernardo