Re: markup ?

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: markup ?
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 10:11:19 +0100

I did a bit of research on why this is happening (the text fixes to the first note, and the 2nd note is placed after the end of the text) and found it to be a consequence of including the file gregorian.ly.   By trial and error commenting on that file, I found it's caused by the line

 \override SpacingSpanner #'packed-spacing = ##t
in that file.  Resetting this in the music file fixes the problem:

global = {
  \key f \major
  \override Staff.TimeSignature #'stencil = ##f
  \override Staff.BarLine #'stencil = ##f
  \override Score.SpacingSpanner #'packed-spacing = ##f
}

HTH.

--
Phil Holmes