Re: A reminder maybe?

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: A reminder maybe?
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 17:42:22 -0400

On Monday 12 April 2010 11:01:21 Mark Polesky wrote:
> David Raleigh Arnold wrote:
> > I hope I didn't miss this, but has the automatic further
> > shortening of downward stems on very low notes and of
> > upward stems on very high notes been implemented? (There
> > was discussion of this back in the Cretaceous.)
>
> There is some recent discussion on this topic here:
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2010-04/msg00085.htm
>
> - Mark

It's a similar topic, but not the same topic. Many engravers further
shortened stems on the very lowest and highest opposed notes not on the
staff. To fit more systems on the page, one presumes. They can be barely
a  linespace long. The shortening of opposed stems now has been optimum
in  the midrange for a long time, IMO.

A command with a minimum stem length could turn it on. The stems of
successive adjacent notes would each be made longer to where the regular
(already shortened) length was reached. Without specified high/low
pitches it could be implemented according to the range of the music in
the system. Regards, daveA

--
For beginners: very easy guitar music, solos, duets, exercises. Early
intermediate guitar solos. One best scale set for all guitarists.