Re: Dividing (or multiplying) note lengths?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Dividing (or multiplying) note lengths?
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 15:41:45 +0100

On Fri, Apr 09, 2010 at 04:02:07PM +0200, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> No, I suppose someone changed the snippet's setting to a full snippet (i.e.
> notice that the height is not the height of a full page, wasting lot of
> vertical space).  By default, only the first systems is extracted, unless the
> snippet author or editor checks that box...
> It's really weird that by default only the first system is extracted, though.

Well, as you said, displaying a full page can waste a lot of
vertical space.  If a search displays 10 items but 90% of the
images are blank space, it would be annoying to scroll through the
results.

If somebody wants to improve this, they could get the download the
LSR source code (which may or may not be the latest version),
change the settings so it uses whatever we use for the docs, etc.
But this would be a fairly involved process for relatively little
gain -- say, 10 hours for somebody like me.  Multiply/divide this
value as appropriate based on your perception of my abilities.  :)

Cheers,
- Graham