Re: Lyrics across multi-voice sections

From: Peter Chubb
Subject: Re: Lyrics across multi-voice sections
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 09:06:52 +1100

>>>>> "Alberto" == Alberto Simões <address@hidden> writes:

Alberto> Hello I have a music where in some places the voice splits,
Alberto> like:

Alberto>     << { g2 ~ g8 } \\ { s8 e8[ dis d] cis } >>

Alberto> I was trying to make lyrics align with the top voice of these
Alberto> splits.  I tried to use:

You need to tell LilyPond which voice is which.

The \\ construct creates two new voices, neither of which is aligned
with your lyrics.  What you probably want is something like this:

     \context Voice = tune { a b c <<
          \context Voice = tune { \voiceOne g2 ~ g8 }
          \context Voice = alternate { \voiceTwo  s8 e8[ dis d] cis }
          >> \oneVoice a b c
     }
     \lyricsto tune \theWords

Grahame, this is such a FAQ thaqt we either need to add a section to
the LM in `voices and vocals', or modify the `I'm hearing voices'
section, or add an explicit `implicit voice instantiation with vocals'
section.  Or some other solution?

If you tell me which you'd prefer I'll try to whip yup a patch this week.
--
Dr Peter Chubb                                  peter DOT chubb AT nicta.com.au
http://www.ertos.nicta.com.au               ERTOS within National ICT Australia