Any news on LilyPond 2.14 release date?

From: Gerard McConnell
Subject: Any news on LilyPond 2.14 release date?
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 11:19:38 -0000

I saw musicologyman's post about "double slurs
within beamed notes" and didn't quite have the
answer to his question, but realized  that the edit
he wants to perform is exactly the sort of thing that is
simple to do when you use LilyPond's SVG output.
Open the SVG file in Inkscape0.47 and edit absolutely
anything in the score in any way you want.

Which brings me to my two questions -
1.  Is there any significant downside (print quality?)
to using Inkscape to edit LilyPond files?
2. When is LilyPond 2.14 likely to be released?

Gerard