Re: Feature

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: Feature
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 19:12:48 +0100

Am Sonntag, 14. Februar 2010 18:28:39 schrieb Joseph Haig:
> On 14 February 2010 13:37, Kieren MacMillan
>
> <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Hi Robert,
> >
> >> I was copying some notes with lilypond and wondered myself, if lilypond
> >> supports something like shown in the attachment. This is a part of an
> >> orchestral score. Is such a thing supported by lilypond?
> >
> > Look for "ambitus" in the docs or archive.
> > <http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/notation/displaying-pitches#
> > Ambitus>
>
> I don't think an ambitus is what he is looking for, but rather a way
> to indicate the tuning of the timpani.  This is where I would expect
> to find something about it but there doesn't seem to be anything:
>
> You could almost certainly do it by writing it as music at the start
> of the line and then adding space at the start of every other line,
> but it looks like something that should be added to the list of
> feature requests.

I would rather use Nicolas' incipit code:
http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Search?q=incipit

Alternatively, you can also take his clef-key.ily file (can be found at his
homepage, git repo git://repo.or.cz/nenuvar.git, but I'm also attaching it to
this file) and adjust it for incipits, too. Currently, it only supports
modern/ancient clefs and keys, but it should be straightfoward to also allow
incipit music definitions...

Cheers,
Reinhold
 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886