Re: Lilypond vs Score

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: Lilypond vs Score
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 15:19:47 -0800

On 2010-02-01, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:

> I'm also curious to hear from anyone who has had experience using
> Score, and comparing to Lilypond output.  There are some wacky
> examples of Score output at:
> http://www.scoremus.com/
>
> (especially that deer standing on the staff!  There needs to be an
> Animal_engraver in lilypond!)
>
> After seeing that output, I'm curious: has anybody played around in
> Lilypond with making the staff curve around (like forming a circle,
> or just bending down the page or something)?  I'd like to be able to
> do that.

I've contemplated the possibility, and Jan apparently has too:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2009-09/msg00505.html

It would be quite awesome if LilyPond could do this.

Here's another example:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:CordierColor.jpg

We should probably add a feature request to the tracker.

Thanks,
Patrick