Re: markup in textspanner doens't work well

From: Stefan Thomas
Subject: Re: markup in textspanner doens't work well
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 16:26:30 +0100

Dear Jethro,
Yes, You are right. It sems to be the best solution, but it is a bit strange, that the quarter-note is not printed. I would prefer in this case this solution, if it would be possible

2010/1/31 Jethro Van Thuyne <address@hidden>
On Sun, 31 Jan 2010, Stefan Thomas wrote:

> in the below quoted snippet, the markup in the textspanner doesn't work as
> expected.
> I can't see a sign for a quarter-note!
> How can I produce it?
> \version "2.12.2"
> {
>  \override Staff.TextSpanner  #'(bound-details left text) = #"rit."
>   \override Staff.TextSpanner  #'(bound-details right text) = \markup {
> \note #"4" #1   "=60" }
>   \time 4/4
>   \clef bass c4 \startTextSpan c e f
>   g1\stopTextSpan
> }

Hi Stefan,

Indeed it looks like it's not accepting the note markup, although I don't
get parsing errors. But why not code it like this?

 {
  \override Staff.TextSpanner #'(bound-details left text) = #"rit."
  \time 4/4
  \clef bass
    c4 \startTextSpan c e f\stopTextSpan
  \tempo 4 = 60