Re: Lilypond as MediaWiki extension does not print in Extension:Collect

From: Oscar van Dillen
Subject: Re: Lilypond as MediaWiki extension does not print in Extension:Collection
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 15:11:29 +0100

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 1:26 PM, John Mandereau <address@hidden> wrote:
2010/1/27 Oscar van Dillen <address@hidden>:
> on my website I found that Lilypond as MediaWiki extension does not print
> music notation, just code, to the pdf in Extension:Collection
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Collection
> Lilypond does work fine when using "printable version" such as can be seen
> here http://www.oscarvandillen.com/Triad?printable=yes

> should I rather tell the collection programmers at
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Collection/Wishlist

Yes, please.  If that extension shows only the LilyPond source code of
snippets but the normal page view and the printable view show these
snippets processed and converted to PNG, it surely means that LilyPond
is not called to process these snippets from Extension:Collection.

By the way, for a decent printing quality, the PDF generation should
not be left to the user browser but should be done on the server side
(using PDF snippets generated by LilyPond), like what
openstreetmap.org does.  This regards standard printable view as well
as the extension Collection.

Best,
John

thank you very much!
with the help of your analysis, i now filed a bug to this collection, hoping it will be fixed in the near future.

it is here http://code.pediapress.com/wiki/ticket/775

very best,
oscar

--