Re: Temporary polyphonic passages in TabStaff

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: Temporary polyphonic passages in TabStaff
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 09:32:50 +0100

Oscar van Eijk schrieb:
Hi All,

I'm currently engraving a piece for several instruments, one of them an acoustic guitar. I'ld like to be able to print both the full score, and the instruments separately, in which case I wanna print guitar tabs as well.

At some locations I add a second voice, as in the snippet I includes with this mail, but that doesn't work for tabs; the new voice is twice interpreted as a normal voice and an extra normal (G clef) staff is added. In the documentation and snippets I found several examples, but they all expect the complete piece to be in more voices, and that's not the case here. Am I missing something?
If I remember correctly, this behavior has been corrected somewhere near 2.13.6, so you can either switch to the latest development version, or you have to explicitly instantiating the split voices, see the second example in

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond/Common-notation-for-percussion#Percussion-staves

HTH

Marc