lilypond + LyX on Fedora

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: lilypond + LyX on Fedora
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 10:07:33 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

I'm thinking of using the lilypond in combination with LyX on Fedora to write articles with embedded musicscore fragments. It has been some time ago since I tried LyX for the first time, and it seemed like a nice way to get such things done. But after that I was busy with other things and didn't try any further.

This week I decided to try again to install and use Lyx on my latest Fedora 12 system. But I can't get it to work properly. Almost with everything I try to I'm getting this:

Warning: Document class not available
The layout file requested by this document,
article.layout,
is not usable. This is probably because a LaTeX
class or style file required by it is not
available. See the Customization documentation
for more information.
LyX will not be able to produce output.

However, as far as I now all LaTeX classes and styles I could probably need are installed. This is not really directly a Lilypond issue, but it does prevent me to use lilypond with LyX. Maybe someone someone who managed to get the combination Fedora 12 + Lyx + texlive + lilypond working can mail me directly off-list and help me to configure this. When things are working I will share my experiences/failure/success using Lilypond+LyX in this mailinglist.

--

Martin