Re: blocking midi output of included files

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: blocking midi output of included files
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 16:20:56 +0100

Am Montag, 4. Januar 2010 13:57:45 schrieb James Bailey:
> Personally, I don't see the advantage. The midi file generation can
> be turned off in each file by commenting out the midi block.

You have apparently never worked on a project including more than say 10
scores, right?

If you are working on a book with ~100 songs, where each song should also be
available separately, it's simply not an option to edit each of the individual
songs each time you want to compile with or without midi-output.

> Alternatively, the entire \score block could be left out of the
> individual files and only used in the book file.

But for the individual files processed individually, he wants PDF output and
midi. Just when included in a larger collection, creating midi is overkill, as
it already exists.

And creating a separate file for each song is also not very usable, as it
doubles the number of files of the project from say 101 to 201...

Cheers,
Reinhold
 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886