Re: TextSpanner in Large Ensemble

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: TextSpanner in Large Ensemble
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 15:24:51 -0500

Hi Neil,

Something like this:
\new Staff \context Voice \with { \remove "Text_spanner_engraver" } { \music } for each staff where you don't want it. There are other ways, but this works for me.

A word of warning, Craig: if you have any non-"score-level" TextSpanner(s), this will likely give unexpected results. My suggestion is to put any "score-level" TextSpanner(s) in a separate variable, and then include it where you need it — this way works whether you want the spanners just at the top of the score, above every StaffGroup (for example), or in every staff.

Hope this helps!
Kieren.

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 12:13 PM, craigbakalian