Re: GUI

From: Jonathan Wilkes
Subject: Re: GUI
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 21:32:50 -0800 (PST)

> Message: 5
> Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 23:57:27 +0000
> From: Graham Percival <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: GUI
> To: Tim McNamara <address@hidden>
> Cc: lilypond-user <address@hidden>

[...]

> I invite people -- I've *been* inviting people for months
> look at the new website.  If you can suggest an
> improvement,
> especially in the Introduction pages, please do.

I thought you got a good suggestion from Bert earlier in this thread, and
you said no to it.

LilyPondTool, Frescobaldi, Emacs and Vim are listed under "Alternate Input."
Since this link is to the right of "Text Input," the implication
is that they are alternatives to text input, which of course is false: All the
information under the "Text input" link applies to these programs.

Maybe change "Alternate Input" to "Input software," or "Input programs,"
or "Progams, At least One of Which You Will Use to Enter
Your Scores if You At All Value Your Time and Sanity."

(Maybe shorten that last one to "Programs..." and then it could expand to
the full phrase when you mouse over it.)

-Jonathan