A Simple Lilypond Note Writer

From: Joshua Koo
Subject: A Simple Lilypond Note Writer
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 22:59:58 +0800

Hi all,

I was playing around with canvas (html 5- most modern browsers are compatible except IE) when I thought of quickly creating a frontend to make note inputs for lilypond easier (in the style of a music notation software, but not quite really).

Here's the link: http://jabtunes.com/notation/

Right now this is pretty much basic, but shows you a blank staff, click some notes in it and it generates relative lilypond code. With some keyboard shortcuts like numbers for durations, + - for accidentals, one might find it useful to easier to create a score, with the help of an editor(eg. copy and pasting notes into lilypondtool). There are some other experimental features, like saving the score on your browser, dynamics, chords (press c)...

Side notes: these notes(excuse the pun) are rendered with _javascript_ using Lilypond vector fonts at runtime. This also kind of works on my android phone, anyone with an iPhone could try it too. I imagine it would be cool if it can be hooked up to Lilypondy or google wave one day.

Feel free to play with it, hack it, modify it or drop me any comments.

Cheers,
Joshua Koo