MIPS architecture

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: MIPS architecture
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 09:55:54 +0100

Has any of you successfully compiled and run lilypond on a mips/mipsel
machine?
I ask because I'm thinking about buying a netbook whose CPU is based
on mipsel.

The debian maintainer of lilypond told me that compiling lilypond for
mips is straightforward, no hack needed.
Good news.. but I'd be glad if any of you can confirm it.

And I guess that lilypond developers won't provide a binary package
for such a minor architecture. I guess right?
Mmmmh, I've never compiled lilypond.. I should try it very soon and
see if I manage to :-)

Cheers,
Federico
--