Mailing list strangeness

From: Frank Steinmetzger
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 21:57:59 +0100

Hi,

not Lilypond-specific, but about the mechanisms of the mailing list:

During the last days I asked two questions on the list, and both Kieren and
Neil wrote their answers with To:my address and a copy (CC) to the list. The
same goes for answers they write to each other in the ongoing thread.

Shouldn't I get two messages then; the one for me and the one that goes to the
list and hence to all subscribers? For the latter I set up a filter that
moves all lilypond mails into an own folder.

I was wondering now where in the chain of communication the second message
gets "lost". Though this is subject to personal opinion, the way I see it is
that their mail app handles the thing wrong. When I answer to a message,
KMail simply puts the mailing list in From:. Selecting "Answer to all" puts
the recipients the other way around - To:mailing list and CC: author of the
message.
--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
Press any key to continue, or any other key to quit.