Re: indent-ly

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: Re: indent-ly
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 13:02:59 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 20 Oct 2009, Graham Percival wrote:

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 10:31:15AM +0200, Martin Tarenskeen wrote:

I have tried to write a tool in Python to (re-)indent lilypond source
files. Something like indent ( for C/C++ ) or tidy ( for HTML ) but now
with Lilypond in mind.

Nice!  If it works well, this would satisfy

I also see there Wilbert Berendsen already wrote a similar, but more advanced, python script ( indent.py ). Might work better than mine. Give them both a try I would say to everyone.

Would be nice if he could also integrate such functionality in Frescobaldi: Be able to re-indent a complete score with a mouseclick from inside the Frescobaldi screen would be great ! ( Just like indent-ly has been integrated into frescobaldi.) Or is it already possible ?

The default for lilypond files is two-space indents.

Is that official and written in the docs, or just common practice ?
Lilypond itself does not write lilypond files, it just reads them. So it does not have a default indentation.

I have tried different tools ( frescobaldi, lilypondtool, nted, noteedit, mscore, canorus, rosegarden, vim ) and they don't seem to agree when it comes to indenting style.

--

Martin Tarenskeen