Re:title on a separate page (Susan Dittmar)

From: Frederick Dennis
Subject: Re:title on a separate page (Susan Dittmar)
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 07:10:07 +0430

Dear All,
I was very interested in the correspondence about a title-page.
I noticed that Kieren's solution seemed to ignore the original header
information and insert another markup for it while Valentin's
solution produced very small titles while using \book so I took
the liberty of combining the two solutions:

%start of file
\version "2.10.33"
% I strongly recommend using 2.12 or 2.13!

#(define-markup-command (vspace layout props amount) (number?)
  "This produces a invisible object taking vertical space."
    (ly:make-stencil "" (cons -1 1) (cons 0 amount))
    (ly:make-stencil "" (cons -1 1) (cons amount amount)))

\paper {
 print-page-number=##f
 ragged-bottom=##t
 ragged-last-bottom=##t
 print-all-headers = ##t

}

#(set-global-staff-size 14)

\header {
    title = \markup \center-column { \vspace #64 \fontsize #18 "Mask" }
%  poet = "Eva Wiest"
subtitle =  \markup \center-column { \vspace #64 \fontsize #12 "Eva Wiest" }
 copyright = "Eva Wiest (http://summerandfall.de/)"
 tagline = ##f
}

melody = \relative c' {
 a'1 ~ a2
 a4 b4 c2 c4 c4 b2 c4 b4 a2 a4 g4 e2
 a4 b4 c2 c4 c4 b2 a4 g4 a1 ~ a2
 a4 b4
}

textI = \lyricmode {
 She
 She is cold as blue ice with a face of gra -- nite,
 she will ne -- ver give up or give in,
 She won't
}

guitar = \chordmode {
 a1:m f a:m g a:m e
 a:m g f r
}

\book {
\pageBreak

 \score {

  <<
    \new ChordNames { \set chordChanges = ##t \guitar }
    \new Voice = "one" { \clef treble \melody }
    \new Lyrics \lyricsto "one" { \textI }

  \layout { indent = 0.0\cm }
  \header {
     title = "Mask"
     subtitle = ""
     composer = "Composed by Eva Wiest"
     poet = "Lyrics by Eva Wiest"
%end of file
To get another header on the second page, you insert the \header {}
into the \score but after the music. Also I had to put \subtitle = ""
to stop part of the first header from repeating itself.
Also,
print-all-headers = ##t
has to go in \paper {}
Thanks to Kieren and Valentin for elucidating this problem.
(And thanks to Susan for asking the question)
I can now place this code in my archive for future use.