Re: Midi and Font Questions

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Midi and Font Questions
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 15:44:52 +0200

Br. Athanasius Pelletier O.F.M.I. wrote:
I am trying to get lilypond to output midi and .pdf but right now it
only outputs midi and I don't know what I am doing wrong.  Is there also
a way to make the midi play faster without adding any symbols to the
score?

You should move \layout block inside the \score block.
If in \score there's only \midi, you get only midi output. If you add \layout, you get also a .pdf

To make the midi play faster, use tempoWholesPerMinute, see here:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond/MIDI-block#MIDI-block

Cheers,
Federico