Re: using lilypond for leadsheets

From: Jan-Peter Voigt
Subject: Re: using lilypond for leadsheets
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 10:10:14 +0200

Hello Peter,

a short answer about transposition in schort:
Need to transpose to 'C', 'Bb', 'Eb' and have treble and bass keys.
What I do, if I have a trumpet voice is:
----------------- snippet -----------------------
\new Staff {
        \transposition bes % display in Bb for trumpet
        \transpose c d { % transpose one key up
                \relative c'' {
                        \key d \minor % the key of the score
                        bes a c b

----------------- snippet -----------------------
this produces a score in e minor and a midi-file in d minor.

Don't know what you actually need, but as a starting hint:
----------------- snippet -----------------------
\score {
<<
        \new ChordNames { \chordmode { c1 g:7 c } }
        \new Staff { \new Voice = "mel" \relative c'' { c1 d e } }
        \new Lyrics \lyricsto "mel" { \lyricmode { dub -- bi du } }

\layout { }
\midi { }
}
These are some essential elements. You should look in the documentation:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond/index#index
;)

Regards,
Jan-Peter