Re: Failed file -- much wailing and gnashing of teeth!

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: Failed file -- much wailing and gnashing of teeth!
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 08:56:00 +0200

2009/10/2 Ralph Palmer <address@hidden>:
> Thanks! I have a separate definitions.ly, and I eliminated the \include and
> forgot about the \dwn and \up in the snippet. Fresh eyes can be a blessing.

Yes, but lack of these definitions was NOT what caused your errors. At
the point where lilypond expected an = sign, write one like this

��={ s }

and the errors will be more coherent with that you'd expect. I'm
pretty sure this was caused by utf-8 BOM marks introduced by Windows
notepad or whatever else.
--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org